2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to participating in the 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour Photo Contest (the “Contest”). By participating in the Contest each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation Period: The Contest is open for participation from 10:00, April 30, 2016 until 23:59 EST on May 10, 2016.
- Winner announcement: The winner is announced 1 June 2016 and will be posted on chapelhillgardentour.net, and chapelhillgardenclub.net, as well as through Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. The Chapel Hill Garden Club will notify the winner directly, before the announcement is made.
- The Prize: The prize is a pair of tickets to the next (2018) Chapel Hill Garden Tour and your winning photograph published in the 2018 tour brochure with full credit.
- Contest organizer: The Contest is organized by The 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour Photography Contest Committee, part of The Chapel Hill Garden Club, Daphne McLeod, Barbara Clare and Ruth Little. With guest judges Susan Bailey, PSA certified judge, representing Bass Lake Photo Club, Rick Fisher, professional photographer and president of Durham Photography club and Bea Witten former Chapel Hill Garden Club member, award winning and published photographer.
- Eligibility for Participation: The Contest is only open to individuals (referred to as “Participants”). A Person Participating must at the time of entry into the Contest be a (i) 2016 Chapel Hill Spring Garden Tour visitor and (ii) be over 16 years of age. A Person participating can only enter the contest once, but with more than one picture. A maximum number of three entries per participant.The 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour Photography Contest Committee, guest judges and their immediate family are not permitted to enter the Contest.
- Access to Contest: The Participants enter the contest by uploading original high resolution photographs via Instagram, Twitter or email. Evidence of a 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour ticket brochure may be required as proof of attendance, to participate or win.
- The photographs: The Participants enter the Contest by providing original high resolution photographs taken “On the 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour” through the Instagram app, or Twitter, marking each photo with the hashtags #CHgardentour16 and #contestentry The entries must include both the mentioned hashtags and if entered through Instagram or Twitter, have tagged or mentioned the Chapel Hill Garden Club, or, via email, using the subject line ‘CHgardentour Contest Entry’ to be judged as part of the contest. A maximum number of three entries per participant.
- How to win: The 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour Photography Contest Committee will examine all original photo entries across Instagram, Twitter and email, selecting a winner based on merit, scored in three categories Technical, Composition and Impact.
Please note, all Participants are subject to a final screening process by The 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour Photography Contest Committee once the Contest has closed. If the winning Participant’s entry has breached any of the terms and conditions, then another Participant will be deemed the winner.
- Personal Data: By participating in the Contest the Participants hereby consent to the entries (i.e. photograph, name of Participants and email made by Participants being uploaded to The Chapel Hill Garden Club’s websites and social media platforms with credit to the Participant and that the personal details provided by the Participants will be processed by The Chapel Hill Garden Club in order to administer the Contest. The Participant uploading the photos and completing the entry form is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to do so and that the individuals referred to in the material consents to these terms and conditions and to the material being uploaded to the The Chapel Hill Garden Club’s websites.
- Content policy for photo uploads: The Chapel Hill Garden Club’s right to reject entries to the Contest: All Entries into the Contest are subject to The 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour Committee’s approval after being uploaded to the Instragram app, Twitter or email. All entries that are deemed inappropriate and/or offensive will not be considered. Our content policy prohibits images containing nudity or sexually explicit material, or content that is otherwise deemed offensive to any minority group. The 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour Committee reserves all rights to decide what is considered inappropriate and/or offensive. Participants agree not to create or submit a profile or any picture or video in connection with their entry into the Contest that is: slanderous, defamatory, derogatory, pornographic, or otherwise sexually explicit; includes offensive language; portrays violence; portrays or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, or sexual orientation; portrays or promotes illegal activities; portrays dangerous stunts or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual. If The 2016 Chapel Hill Garden Tour Photography Contest Committee discovers that any material submitted by Participants include any such elements or is otherwise inappropriate and/or offensive, then the entry will be rejected.
- Other marketing purposes: The winner agrees that his or her photos may be used by The Chapel Hill Garden Club for general media and marketing purposes without remuneration .
- Copyright: Contest entries, profiles and photos upon submission become the property of The Chapel Hill Garden Club and each Participant cedes any claims of ownership or rights therein upon submission of their entry into the Contest.
- The Chapel Hill Garden Club is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete entries. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, caused by e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of The Chapel Hill Garden Club which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, The Chapel Hill Garden Club reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or select winners from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. The Chapel Hill Garden Club reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
- The Chapel Hill Garden Club reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or acting with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person or contestant.
- The Chapel Hill Garden Club is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. The Chapel Hill Garden Club assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Chapel Hill Garden Club is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Chapel Hill Garden Club is not responsible for any injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with this contest.
|High resolution entries can be made via:
Instagram : @ch.garden orardenclub
using hashtags #chgardentour16 & #contestentry
Email: email@example.com subject line: ‘CHgardentour Contest Entry’